- Creating an Account
- It takes just a few minutes. To complete the process, you will need to create a username and password. As well, provide us with your address, E-mail Address and date of birth. You also have the option of receiving specials or notice of items via e-mail. Once you have confirmed your choices, you will then be required to accept the site rules and restrictions by clicking the Accept button on the following Terms and Conditions page. Click here to register now.
- Managing your Account
After creating an account allows you to log in and review previous orders and track your order. Click here to go to your account section.
- What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
If you forgot your Star Wars Authentics account password, click on the Star Wars Authentics (Login) button on the top banner. Then click on the Forgot Your Password? link in the drop down menu. On the following page, enter the email address associated with your Star Wars Authentics account for us to send you a new password. Check your email for the password that we have sent you. Use this new password to log in to your Star Wars Authentics account. After logging in, we recommend changing the password to the one that you would prefer.
- Unsubscribe from Emails
- Placing an Order
Shopping with us online is simple! When you find an item that you would like to purchase, click the Add to Cart button. After you have entered the product in your basket you can continue to shop and browse for more products or you can process to checkout. When you are ready to checkout, select Cart at the top right of the page, then proceed to Checkout. Your total order will be summarized and you will have the option to make any changes to your order that you wish.
Once you place your order you will receive an order confirmation email showing your order number and your order in its entirety. Once your order has been shipped you will receive a follow-up email that will contain your order number, order detail and tracking number for your shipment.
- Order History
Takes you to a page that allows you to view the status of the order(s).
- Emails about your order
Below are examples of e-mails you might receive:
- Registration Email – Once you register you will be able to check your order status, manage your address book and change your account information and password.
- Order Confirmation. This e-mail confirms that we have received your order. It includes your order number and lists your complete order. Keep this e-mail for your records as this is the email to print off and include in the box in case you need to do a return or exchange.
- Shipping Notification Email - This confirms that your order has been shipped and also provides you with a tracking number for your order. The shipping time of your order depends on the shipping method selected, item selected and your shipping location.
- Important notice about your order -There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, missing payment for your order, inability to ship to the address provided or a duplicate order. Should you receive a notice like this, please login to your account to verify your credit card was entered correctly and process payment. If you have any issues submitting payment, please contact our customer service by clicking the link below.
- How can I submit a Bid?
After you review the Listing Information for the item that interests you, click on Place Bid and follow the directions to enter and confirm your bid.
We accept bids submitted via our website, whether accessed via a computer or wireless device on the WAP version of the Auction site.
- Is there a charge to place bids?
No. Browsing and bidding for merchandise on Star Wars Authentics is free. You are not obligated to buy anything after you have registered. You are welcome to drop by any time and look around. If you see something you would like to bid on you can do so quickly as a registered member.
- Do I need to use a credit card to bid?
Yes. To ensure fair bidding, a valid MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover credit card will be required to place a bid. Your credit card information is required only for the first time you place a bid on Star Wars Auctions. A $4 authorization will be made on the credit card for validity, but you will never be charged this amount. Additional bids will not require credit card verification; however, be sure that your payment card information is up to date to ensure that your winning bid can be processed without delay. In order to successfully pay for your auction items, the billing address for your credit card must match the billing address entered for your Star Wars Auctions account. If the billing addresses do NOT match, the transaction may fail at the close of the auction and the order will go unpaid.
If you need to update your credit card information, you can do so at any time from the section called Manage My Account>Update Credit Card Info within the My Account section.
- How do I increase my Bid?
To increase your bid, you can do so by simply entering another bid on the auction. This bid will not change your current bidding amount if you are the winning bidder, but will ensure you are still winning up until the new amount.
- I placed a bid. Why isn't it showing up on the item page?
There are four steps to placing a bid on an auction. You must complete all four steps in order for our system to record and display your bid in a listing's Bid History.
1. Click the Place Bid button on the listing page of the item you are viewing. You will be asked to Login, if you haven't done so already.
2. Enter your bid for the item, review your shipping address, confirm that you are 18 years or older, and click the Place Bid button.
3. Scroll down the Bid Confirmation page, review your bid information, and check it for accuracy. At this point, you will have the opportunity either to go back and modify or correct the desired quantity and Bid amount or you can submit your bid.
4. To place your confirmed bid click the Confirm my Bid button.
Once submitted, you will see information about your bid indicating the bid amount placed, and if your bid is currently the winning bid. To place additional bids, click the Place Another Bid button, which is located beneath the Bid History on the Summary page. You can then re-enter a new id amount according to the “Next Bid” amount as currently shown on the listing page.
When reviewing an item's Bid History after having placed a bid, you should reload, or refresh, your browser so that it displays the most current information.
- I have confirmed my bid, but it tells me it is invalid. why?
There are two reasons why a bid may be considered invalid:
1. You have entered an invalid value in the “Bid Amount” field. Make sure that your bid amount contains only numbers and decimal points, i.e. 45.00 Do not enter any dollar signs ($) or commas (,) into the Bid Amount field.
2. Your bid amount is less than the “Next Bid” value. Make sure that your bid is equal to or greater than the current “Next Bid” value shown on the listing page.
- Why doesn't my bid show up online after I bid?
The Bid History should show your bid as soon as it is entered. If it doesn't appear, you may be viewing an old version of the page. Try clicking your browser's “refresh” or “reload” buttons.
The Listing page updates 10-20 seconds after you make your bid to reflect the new Current Bid.
- Is my Bid amount visible to others?
With Open Auctions, your maximum bid (if you are the current high bidder) will not be shown to other bidders while the current high bid amount is below that maximum bid threshold. The highest amount that will appear is one bid increment above the most recent competitive bid.
- How will I know if my bid is no longer a winning bid?
We will send you an e-mail when your bid is no longer a winning bid. However, there can be unpredictable delays in e-mail transmission. We suggest that your regularly visit the Star Wars Authentics website to check your “Bidding Activity” in My Account .
- Why did a bid from earlier today beat my bid?
If the same bidding amount is entered, the bid placed earlier in time takes priority over all bids at the same price. It can be to your advantage to get an initial bid in as early as possible to ensure time priority at your bid price.
- Why does the number of Bids on the listing information page display more Bids in the table than are listed after I click the Bid History link?
If the Number of Bids in the listing info table lists more bids than are listed in the Bid History of the item, it is probably because one or more of the bidders have at one point during the auction increased an initial bid. Every bid made, whether it is an initial bid by a user, or an increase, is recorded in the Number of Bids.
- What is a Maximum Bid/Automatic Bidding?
This system offers a convenient bidding system, so you don't have to continuously login to re-bid. When you place your maximum Bid, you enter the highest price you are willing to pay for an item. Your maximum bid is kept confidential until it is exceeded by another bidder.
The automatic bidding system will place bids on your behalf at the bid increment amount above the current high bid. The system will bid by the increment to ensure you remain the highest bidder or to meet the reserve price (if applicable), up to your maximum bid amount that was previously entered.
If and only if duplicate maximum bids are entered, the customer who entered the maximum bid first will get priority and will be the winning bidder.
If another bidder places a higher maximum bid, you will be emailed to login and place another bid.
1. The current bid for an item is $100 with a $10 increment.
2. Customer A enters a max bid of $200; Customer A is now winning at $110
3. Customer B enters a max bid of $150
4. System will now bid $160 (next bid increment) on Customer A’s behalf to ensure Customer A is still winning
5. Customer B re-enters a max bid of $200
6. Customer A is now winning the auction at $200 because he was the first to enter a max bid of $200
- How are bids displayed within the Bid History list?
The Bid History list only displays the current winning bid amount and losing bids manually entered by bidders. Bid History does not display losing bids placed by the system (Maximum Bid/Automatically Bidding) for a maximum bid amount.
- Can I increase my maximum bid amount after I have placed a bid?
Yes. If your maximum bid amount has been outbid, or you want to increase the dollar amount of your existing winning bid, you can place another bid at a higher amount. To increase your current bid amount, simply return to the listing and enter and submit a new, higher maximum bid amount (this amount is the most you're willing to pay for the item).
If you are logged in to your account, the site will recognize your Nickname when you place an additional Bid. You won't be bidding against yourself when you want to increase your maximum bid amount even though if you're the current high bidder.
- It appears as if someone is intentionally overbidding himself. Why is this happening?
In some cases, it might appear that a single bidder is bidding against himself. For instance, the same bidder A might bid $10, $12, $14, $16, and so on. Nothing fraudulent is going on! Most likely, you or bidder A is causing this effect by bidding against bidder B's “Maximum Bid”. Bidder A is trying to find the point where his/her Bid will outbid the maximum bid being increased by proxy on each bid. At the time the maximum bid price of the bidder B is exceeded, the new bidder A will have a winning bid.
- I appear to have been overbid by an amount smaller than the bid increment. How has this occurred?
When a bidder places a “Maximum Bid”, that bidder may have entered a maximum bid that is higher than your bid, but at a smaller bid increment because at the time the maximum bid was placed, it was in an amount far greater than the required increment. In this case, the bidder using proxy bid will be winning at exactly their maximum bid.
Example: An item has a bid increment of $2.00. The current winning bid is at $30.00. You bid $49.00 (Maximum Bid) and Bidder B bids $49.01 (also a Maximum Bid). In this case Bidder B will be winning at exactly $49.01 even though it appears to not meet the minimum increment. It was more than the bid increment when he placed the bid. The bid was only at $30.00 so a bid of $49.01 is a $19.01 bid increment.
- Do all auctions close at exactly the scheduled closing time?
Star Wars Authentics Bid Extend feature works together with “Maximum Bid” to ensure that bidders will always have a chance to challenge bids placed in the final minutes of an auction. When indicated on a listing page by the “Or Later” link, if a bid is placed during the last 5 minutes of an Open auction, the auction will be automatically extended for an additional 5 minutes from the time of the latest bid. You will have to refresh the listing page to get the most updated bid information for each individual listing. The auction will close once all bidding activity has stopped for a period of 5 minutes.
- What is Star Wars Authentics Bid Extend?
Star Wars Authentics Bid Extend feature works to ensure that bidders will always have a chance to challenge bids placed in the final seconds. When indicated on a listing page, if a bid is placed during the last 5 minutes of an auction, the auction will be automatically extended for an additional 5 minutes from the time of the latest bid. The auction will close once all bidding activity has stopped for a period of 5 minutes. You will have to refresh the listing page to get the most updated bid information for each individual listing.
- Can I retract a confirmed Bid?
Confirmed bids may only be retracted under special circumstances and require that you submit a formal request to retract, as described below.
Once you have submitted your confirmed bid, it can only be retracted under the following circumstances.
- You made a typographical error when placing a bid amount.
· You submitted your valid bid retraction more than 24 hours before the auction closes.
· New item information added by the seller changed your understanding of the item for which your bid was placed.
· You cannot reach the seller via e-mail, or your question to the seller is returned as undeliverable.
When placing a bid you are required to confirm that you are 18 years of age or older. We will not honor bid retraction requests because a person under 18 years of age placed the bid in error. You will be held responsible for the transaction and payment.
To make a formal request to retract a confirmed bid, you must contact Customer Service . Please include the item listing number and the reason for the retraction. No bid retraction requests received less than 24 hours before an auction closes will not be processed regardless of the explanation. All bid retraction requests received without a valid explanation will be denied. Bidders who retract their bids may not place new bids on that item unless you made a typographical error when placing a Bid amount. All bid retraction requests will be accepted or rejected Star Wars Auctions sole discretion.
- Why did a bid for more items at the same price beat mine even though I transmitted my bid first?
Bids are given priority based on the following characteristics: price, quantity, and finally time placed. As an example, if you bid $50.00 on 50 units and someone else then bids $50.00 on 100 units at a later time, the second bidder will be winning for all 100 units. If you then raise your bid to $60.00 for 50 items, you will be winning for 50 units (at $60.00) because your price is higher. The second bidder will then be winning for only 50 units at $50.00.
- What is an Open auction?
In an Open Auction, buyers bid until the auction ends. The item is then sold to the highest bidder at the end of the auction period. There is no reserve price in an Open auction. The seller must sell the item to the highest bidder. Bidding can start as low as the Opening Value (minimum price or starting amount) of the auction.
Once the auction closes, email notification providing contact information is sent to the buyer and seller automatically so that arrangements for payment and shipment of the item can be determined.
- How can I view all bids I've submitted?
Go to My Account and select Manage Bidding Activity. From here you can view all live auctions (winning or losing) in which a bid has been placed, as well as closed auctions that you have won.
- Where can I monitor my bidding activity?
You can monitor all of your bidding activity from within the Manage My Bids>View My Bid Status section of your My Auction Account.
- Where can I monitor my bidding activity?
You can monitor all of your bidding activity from within the Manage My Bids>View My Bid Status section of your My Auction Account.
- What is Real Time Bid Refresh?
The Real Time Bid Refresh feature is in place in order to deliver the best possible online auction experience by presenting the most up-to-date auction information, including Auction Time Remaining, Bid Count, and Current Bid Amount. When a new bid is placed or an auction goes in to Bid Extend, the most recent auction information will automatically be presented on the screen without the need to manually refresh the current browser page.
- Why did Real Time Bid Refresh automatically deactivate?
Real Time Bid Refresh is set to automatically deactivate after 12 minutes of inactivity on a page that presents auction data such as Auction Time Remaining, Bid Count, and Current Bid Amount. This is to ensure that, in case an active browser session is forgotten and left open, users do not have fresh data constantly feeding into their active browser session and unnecessarily using up network data. When presented with the message “Real Time Bid Refresh is no long active on the site”, users can choose to click the “Reactivate” button, which will cause the system to resume pushing up-to-date auction data into the active browser session, or users can click “Cancel”, which will prevent Real Time Bid Refresh from reactivating on the current page. Note: if a user chooses to click “Cancel” when presented with this message, they will NOT be shown the most up-to-date auction data, or any new bid activity placed on the listing by other customers. However, manually refreshing the browser window OR clicking through to a new auction page will cause Real Time Bid Refresh to reactivate automatically.
- How do I find out if an auction has ended?
You can locate an auction you have bid on from within the Manage My Bids>View My Bid Status section of My Auction Account section of the auction website, or by entering the listing's listing number, if known from the Search page.
- How will I know if I win?
We will notify you by email if you win; although you are responsible for determining if you have won by visiting the site and checking the status of your bid in My Account .
- What happens if I win an auction?
If you are the winning bidder when an auction closes, Star Wars Authentics will send you email notification telling you that you have won the item(s).
You are responsible for returning to the Star Wars Authentics website to verify that you have won the auction. If you do not receive notice and believe you are the successful bidder, you must verify the auction status from the Manage My Bids>View My Bid Status in the My Auction Account section of the auction website. As a winning bidder, the primary payment card you have on file will be automatically charged the amount of your winning Bid plus any shipping, handling, and applicable taxes.
- I won an auction but my item has not been delivered within the designated shipping window, what do I do?
Please send an email to Customer Service with the item listing number and any additional information you have regarding the order and request the shipping status.
Below are some common reasons for auction items not being delivered or shipped on time:
Invalid Credit Card. Please verify your credit card information by visiting your Auction Account. If your card number is no longer valid or the expiration date has passed please login to your Star Wars Auctions account and re-enter your credit card information by following the instructions below:
· Select “LOGIN” on the Star Wars Authentics home page
- Scroll down and select “Payments”
· Select “Checkout” and re-enter your credit card/billing information
- Confirm Payment
Please Note: In order to successfully checkout for your auction items, the billing address for your credit card must match the billing address entered for your Star Wars Authentics account. If the billing addresses do NOT match, the transaction may fail at the close of the auction and the order will go unpaid. We cannot guarantee item availability if your card failed to clear after the auction close date.
P.O. Box. If you have designated a P.O. Box in your shipping preferences this could be the reason for the delay as most carriers used my Star Wars Authentics does not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- Shipping Address
A valid shipping address is required for all deliveries. All shipments will be delivered via FedEx. All PO Boxes will be delivery via FedEx SmartPost. As a signature is required upon delivery, please ensure that someone is at the delivery address to accept and sign for the package during regular business hours. Regular business hours are 9am to 5pm EST, Monday to Friday.
- Shipping Methods
All domestic orders will be shipped via FedEx SmartPost (if applicable). Additional ship methods will include FedEx Ground, FedEx Standard Overnight at an additional shipping cost. All international orders will be shipped via Fedex International Economy.
- United States Shipping and Handling
In-Stock items are shipped from our warehouse within 3-5 business days of receipt of your order and 7 days for a customized frame or matte photo. Delivery time can vary depending on the shipping address.
- International Shipping and Handling
In-Stock items are shipped from our warehouse within 3-5 business days of receipt of your order and 7 days for a customized frame or matte photo. We ship all orders using FedEx. Delivery time can vary depending on the shipping address. International orders may take an additional 1-2 days for delivery to clear customs.
- Duties and Taxes
All international customers are responsible to pay for all applicable duty and customs charges. Your local government determines duty and customs charges depending on where the merchandise is made and what it is made out of. When placing an order on starwarsauthentics.com, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Charges for duties, taxes and the carrier's collection fee are in addition to your shipping charge and must be incurred by you. You should contact your local customs office for further information.
- Payment Methods
Forms of payment accepted are: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Your credit card information will be securely stored in your account wallet.
Important information about payment: For your security, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. We reserve the right to cancel any order, which does not match this criterion.
- Pre-Authorization for Credit Cards
A one-time temporary $4 authorization charge will be applied when a new credit card(s) is added and entered into to your account. The temporary charge will fall off of your credit card statement after 2-5 business days and no charge will actually be applied.
- Secure Shopping Guarantee
We use the industry standard encryption protocol known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to keep your order information secure.
We have established a Secure Shopping Guarantee for every transaction that you make. Should any unauthorized charges appear on your credit card as a result of shopping, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
We reserve the right to contact the customer for further credit card information such as the 3-digit CVC security number (as required) on the back of the credit card in order to verify its validity.
- Returning an Item for Return or Exchange
If your order does not match the listing or has been damaged during transit, the item must be returned “as is” in its original packaging to receive a full refund. Otherwise, all memorabilia sales are final. No refunds, returns or exchanges. Prior to returning your item you must contact our customer service email (use link at bottom of page) to obtain a return authorization number. Once that number is given we will provide shipping instructions.
- Damaged or Defective Items
If you receive a damaged or defective item, contact a Customer Service Representative within 7 days of receipt & submit images to customer service email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please return your package to:
Attn: Star Wars Authentics Return
15431 SW 14 Street
Sunrise, FL 33326
After the Auction:
Safety, Security and Privacy
For all bulk ordering requests, please contact Star Wars Authentics customer service (email@example.com) and use subject line “Bulk Ordering” in the customer service form.
Star Wars Authentics Customer Service representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 9AM – 6PM EST. All weekend or holidays Customer Service will be administered on the next business day.